Route

Route

Malacca 10 Nov

After the successful single night production of Megan’s Murder Mystery play the previous evening (at the end it was revealed that Dr Bill played by Will killed Mike, Glen won best performance and Lily won best costume) we left KL at 10:00 for Malacca arriving there early afternoon. 
We checked into the Hollitel Hotel and then after a quick lunch went to explore the town. Malacca used to be a very important maritime trading city first under the Portuguese then the Dutch and finally the English. Its importance declined with the growth of other ports in the region and the changing political rulers.




It now is the home to numerous museums as well as the Taming Sara revolving tower (110m high). I went to the Maritime Museum which is based partly on an old boat and partly housed in an old dock building.

 I then walked around Chinatown and on my way back was knocked over by a scooter. Fortunately I only suffered a bruised hip and a couple of cuts and grazes – the motorcyclist hurt his leg, but I didn’t stay around to find out the details. I was lucky I was not hurt more seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment