Route

Route

Singapore 14th November

Phil and Marina have left us for a couple of days with some of their family in Singapore, otherwise we are all together again.  We should met up agin in Jakarta in a few days. 

Today I had a relatively easy day - I started at Mustala Centre for a little shopping then decided to use the Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) system to explore further.  I initially went to the end of the North East line at Harbour Front (where we will go to tomorrow to catch the ferry to Batam in Indonesia).  The MRT system is less than 20 years old and is therefore up to date and very efficient (particuarly compared to London).  Lots of shops as usual so I had lunch and did a bit of shopping.  I resisted going on the cable car as it was quite expensive. 

I then made the return journey on the MRT stopping off at Clarks Quay from where I walked to Fort Canning Park.  This has great historical interest to the island of Singapore and has some good views of the city. 



On returning to Clarks Quay I saw the giant swing in action - nothing would pursuade me to go on that!!





No rain so far today, but at 17:00 is is thundering well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment